Meet Our Hidden Authors in Chadwick

Tin man lost what he thought he was his, Melody of Cosmos, and Mushroom grows itself. If you wonder what these poems and stories are about, have a look at “101 Roots” published by the Academic Council!

Academic Council 101 Roots

101 Roots is a Chadwick International student-led literary magazine that aims to provide students an opportunity to creatively express themselves and have their writings recorded on a publication. 

The Academic Council received creative writing work from CI US students last Winter and recently published them. The publication includes submissions from all grades and contains a diverse range of creative writing from poetry to short stories. These works have been edited and refined by the members of the Academic Council and published as a compiled eBook. The variety of included works is distinct with some addressing social issues while others featuring more informal content. 

One of the works is Tin man lost what he thought was his by Dohan Lee, a senior who describes himself as “nascent writer and an appreciator of literature.” Dohan is highly influenced by works of James Joyce and Cormac McCarthy, many of his works show resemblance to these styles. 

The growing interest of creative writing from Chadwick students is exciting! It is evident that there are many writing prodigies within our community who will surely grow to have reputable talent. The Academic Council hopes that more people can take the time to appreciate fellow students’ works. The Academic Council looks forward to more active participation from students for future issues.

Link: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/67528893/academic-council-101-roots