The Student News Site of Chadwick International

CI Press

CI Press

CI Press

CI Fall Season Athletics: Focused on Growth and Team Spirit

Middle School Boys Soccer at their first jamboree.                                                         — photo: A. Jacobs

SOCCER Athletic Season/Dates

The soccer season kicked off on Tuesday, September 5th and is set to conclude on October 19th. Jamboree dates for both the boys’ and girls’ soccer teams are marked on September 9th and 16th, as well as October 7th and 14th. The much-anticipated Kaiac championships are slated for October 21st, to be held at YISS.

Goal: Interview with Coach Barbara

The Middle School girls’ soccer season is off to an enthusiastic start, with a focus that transcends the scoreboard. This year’s primary objective is to foster a strong, interconnected team that genuinely cares for one another. Their dedication extends beyond the field, encompassing growth, improvement, and resilience. The guiding mantra, “practice like you play,” reflects their commitment to both the game and personal development. Coaches and players alike are wholeheartedly devoted to creating an environment where individual growth takes precedence, each player armed with a tailored training plan designed to unlock their full potential. Through collective effort, camaraderie, and an unyielding pursuit of progress, the MS girls’ soccer team aims to leave behind a legacy of not only victories, but also personal growth, enduring friendships, and a profound understanding of the values of dedication and perseverance.

BADMINTON Athletic Season/Dates

Similar to soccer, the badminton season commenced on September 5th and will wrap up on October 19th. For both boys and girls teams, the jamboree dates are set for September 16th, as well as October 7th, 14th, and 21st.

Goal: Interview with Coach Singh

This season, goals are tailored to different grade levels. For Grade 6 and 7 players, the emphasis lies in grasping the basics of badminton along with familiarizing themselves with rules and regulations. Simultaneously, some have displayed notable skill levels, leading them to compete at an experienced level in Jamborees. Meanwhile, most Grade 8 players have been with the team for two years, positioning the goal towards preparation for varsity. The support from varsity players has been invaluable, offering middle schoolers role models to observe and draw inspiration from. 

Beyond scores and medals, our athletes have exhibited exceptional character and resilience in the face of challenges. As we move forward, let’s carry the spirit of this remarkable season, cherishing the memories and deriving inspiration from the accomplishments. With unwavering confidence, we anticipate the challenges and triumphs that the forthcoming season will bring, fully believing that our athletes will continue to shatter boundaries and achieve even greater heights. Go, Chadwick!