The Student News Site of Chadwick International

CI Press

CI Press

CI Press

Lights, camera, action!

“Embracing Miracles” Main Poster

This year’s high school musical is just around the corner, and this time, it’s going to be even better! As always, the school’s young talent will have the opportunity to shine on stage in front of an audience full of excitement and anticipation.

The musical, produced by Mr. Wafula himself, is set to be one of the greatest productions ever presented at Chadwick International. Named “Embracing Miracles”, the plot depicts two teenagers, Claudia and Miracle, unraveling one another’s secrets as well as learning to accept life’s realities. And, of course, the music is exceptional, captivating hearts with its melodies and harmonies to enhance the overall brilliance of the performance.

Claudia, a seventeen year old girl, wishes she was born into a wealthy family, or even just one with none of the economic hardships she experiences in her real life. While striving for perfection, her actions become increasingly ruthless and cold-blooded. As the daughter in a single-parent home, Claudia has always wished to satisfy her mother, Elena. Through Claudia’s interactions with her mother and others, the audience observes the complexities of her character as she diverges between being both brutal and vicious, but also caring, kind, and considerate. 

Miracle, on the other hand, lives a completely different life to Claudia. Also seventeen, Miracle was born into a wealthy family with a few, but true and loyal, friends. Musically talented, he often expresses himself through music, as is shown by him holding a role as the leader of the school band. Despite all seeming well on the surface for Miracle, his one flaw is the fact he is neurodivergent. 

With Claudia (G11 Claire Kim), and Miracle (G9 David Kwon) leading, a fascinating story unfolds, encompassing a diverse yet complicated storyline with varying perspectives. Rachel, a student who has participated in every high school musical since her 9th grade year, took some time out to share her take about Chadwick’s latest musical production.

Reporter: What aspect of this musical sets it apart from your previous productions?

Rachel: Well, I’d say that this year’s musical is completely different from any other musical we have presented, as Mr. Wafula himself created this one. From the script to the movement of the actors on stage, this musical was constructed with the suggestions and directions of all cast, crew, and directors. There has never been this many talented and experienced contributions to one of our shows. 

Reporter: What came to mind when Mr. Wafula informed everyone that this year’s musical was self-made? Were you optimistic or skeptical?

Rachel: To be honest, I was scared that the entire musical was going to be self-made, as I have never participated in a musical that was created completely from scratch. However, after reading the synopsis and planning out our movements on stage, I became confident that this year’s musical would be one of the best so far. Everyone should really look forward to this year’s musical; I assure you, it is authentic like nothing you will have seen before.

Reporter: What aspect of the musical can the audience focus on to enjoy it the most?

Rachel: Definitely the character development of the main characters, Claudia and Miracle. You’ll need to pay attention, but it is really intriguing to observe how Claudia faces her challenges and toils as she switches between doing what is right and wrong. Also, Miracle confronts his own set of problems with no certainty that he can overcome them. You’ll have to watch it to find out what happens!

While we’ll have to wait to see what happens, it is certain that this year’s musical will stand out from the crowd. From the set design to the choreography and musical arrangements, Embracing Miracles is packed with creativity. Moreover, the young cast’s enthusiasm brings every scene to life, ensuring that the story resonates and charms its audiences.  

All that’s left to do is to get your tickets to the hottest show of the year, and ready yourself for an evening of excitement and applause!

Lights, camera, action!