The Student News Site of Chadwick International

CI Press

CI Press

CI Press

US Fall Season Varsity Sports

Photo Credit: Daeeun (Danny) Ok (G11), Jiye (Jenny) Ra (G10)

The KAIAC games ring a bell at the start of the sports season! After the burning flames of summer, the cool autumn breeze passes by to announce the start of fall, and Upper School’s varsity games are at their peak. Volleyball, tennis, and cross-country are the currently available sports, and there are plenty of bleachers to enjoy the games between KAIAC schools and other Korean high schools. Not only are the students and athletes excited about these games, but also the faculty members, teachers, and parents are highly enthusiastic about the active sports spirit of Chadwick.

The photos above are of players Randy Minjun Kim and Claire Yoona Lee from the tennis varsity team and show the athletes preparing for their next games. Their intense practices show their effort and dedication to tennis. They are passionate and excited about the upcoming games and will always be devoted to their sport. Not only in tennis but other athletes in different sports also show their best efforts. 

Leon Oh, an ace member of the junior varsity volleyball team, remarked, “the fact that there are so many people who are supportive of our team is such an honor. Learning from great coaches and competing against other skillful players is a great opportunity that I appreciate.” He emphasized his excitement for new challenges and meeting new people with positive comments about this season’s KAIAC games. He added, “CI community members, you can greatly rely on us to perform our best at all times with your support!” 

The enthusiasm was also seen in the school faculty members, including PHE coaches and English teachers, who showed high interest in the varsity games and were willing to speculate. MS/US English teacher Ms.Anna Oh, thinks the school is going in the right direction in supporting students to become more engaged in sports and school activities. She is glad the school is willing to provide more opportunities for student-athletes to balance school and sports. Audiences from re-K to Upper School have high hopes for Chadwick athletes to achieve their best in their next games throughout the fall season. Also, the opportunity to sit in the bleachers to speculate is not only given to upper school students but also students of other grades, which makes them feel proud for Chadwick teams and cheer for them. Many people, including Alex Yang in 6th grade, a regular audience, believe that it is a great opportunity and that allows CI community members to identify the strengths of Chadwick teams, which could also leave feedback towards each other or words of encouragement. 

Being committed to a field and continuing to grow in that area is not easy work, and every one of these athletes deserves applause for their hard work. The pressure of competing with the Chadwick name and knowing how to win and lose is a great skill that is needed for any professional athlete. Our CI athletes are all capable of learning, and with great dedication and hard work, we hope they can achieve their dreams. We wish the best of luck to all Chadwick International athletes who are working hard in their field and are trying their best. 

Go, Chadwick!