Closing the Chapter: A Diary of 2023

%28Yearbook+Committee%29+

(Yearbook Committee)

The school year 2022-2023 is coming to a close. 

The festive air of elated students with lighter loads on their backs fills the school hallways. Looking back on the past school year, a mixture of nostalgia, pride, and bittersweetness comes to heart in memory of the drama with COVID-19, athletic season highlights, arts productions, and our graduating 23’ students. 

As we bid farewell to the closing school year, the excited students and faculty are looking forward to the arrival of the yearbook, “My Dear Diary.” Its pages are thoughtfully arranged in the format of a diary, with sections dedicated to the whole school, upper school, middle school, and village school. Taking a trip down memory lane, the yearbook is adorned with illustrations, graphics, and a vibrant array of photos capturing our journey from the very first day of school. No wonder this school year’s yearbook is anticipated to look the finest yet. 

Here are some responses from the awaiting student body: 

Jaenney Lee (12) replied, “My favorite memory was probably prom because it was the first time I saw everyone all dressed up and happy after all the IB stress. I’m definitely excited for the yearbook and to take it with me as a long-lasting memory!” 

Jayden Yoon (11) replied, “I’ve made so many memories with my friends this year, and I, for one, am really excited to see what the committee came up with. I hope to get my hands on a copy as soon as possible.” 

Ruthy Cho (10) replied, “It’s been such a fun year – definitely one of my favorites so far. Im excited to see the yearbook and be able to look back on all the great memories. I know how hard the yearbook team worked this year, so I’m looking forward to it.”

Zoe Kim (9) replied, “I’d love to see how the year is captured in the yearbook. My favorite memories were moments I spent with my cheer team, and I’m excited to see how the different season highlights are displayed. I can’t wait to see!”

The Yearbook Committee has worked tirelessly over the past year to ensure the assembly and design of the yearbook, and their dedication, creativity, and unflagging efforts are what brought our memories to life on these pages. Take a moment to express gratitude and appreciate those who have made our yearbook possible: Eugene Lee (12), Jamie Song (10), Danny Ok (10), Irene Lee (6), Michelle Kim (6), Chaeyoon Lee (7), Eugenia Oh (7), Jian Kim (7), Sarah Kim (7), Ian Choi (6), Elly Koo (7), Kayla Choi (7), Sean Bi (7), Jiwon Chung (7), Nichole Jeon (7), Noah Kim (7), Sungha Park (7), Sarah Kim (7), Amy Kim (9), Dami Yoon (9), Eileen Lee (9), Heidi Ahn (9), Jenny Ra (9), Joy Sung (9), Minsol Kim (9), Sebi Yang (9), Ethan Lam (10), Isha Del Carmen (10), Stella Chun (10), Dana Jeong (12), Jinyu Ogura (12), Tae Eun Lim (12), and, last but not least, Ms. Shin. 

The school year 2022-2023 will forever hold a special place in our hearts, and truly, this year’s yearbook will be much more than just ink and paper. 

To secure a copy of the yearbook, visit this link to fill out the required information and complete the purchase before May 29th. The order form will close as soon as the sellout goal is reached.